Sunday, July 11, 2010

Club Be-Awesome!!

Haha!! I love blog titles because I can make them as cheesy as I want and you still have to read them to get to the pictures. Haha! (PS. Do you all reamember the hamster scene in Bolt? BEYOND AWESOME!! ;) ;) Hahahahaaaaa.)

Today I had to say goodbye to my Beer Family. It wasn't as sad as I would have expected. Katie said something pretty awesome, "It doesn't feel final, so I am sure we'll see each other again." I love it. We all have a hope that we will get back together and do GREAT things for God because these friendships and these lessons-learned are not for naught. :) So see you later Beers! Have a great time in Nice, France!!

Today as I saw them leave, in my mind, I went through the catalogue of people I DO have in my life. And I really wanted to take today to share about my Dream Team this summer!! Laura is my Community Director and Jessica is our Summer Intern for Club Beyond. I have loved spending the past few months with Laura and to spend Beach Break working together with our students. They've taught me so much about servanthood and relationships.





I definitely believe in this ministry. I have no idea what to do outside of a military community. And even more than that--I am so excited to be the next generation of Christians who will rise up and take our place. And to me, youth ministry is a place where we can pray for and encourage the generation that follows us. (I guess it's the natural teacher in me.) But I love that God allows and enables us the opportunity to be a part of people's lives, especially young adults, who will be my future--the future.

I am so excited to see what God will do with all of us. How he will use each of our students. How he will continue to let us work in his fields. How he will... just be God, do his thing. :) :)




We got to decompress in Austria for a few days after 2 weeks of Beach Break. I loved being able to just sit and relax and get to know the girls more. God is so good and it is so amazing to have friends who love Jesus and when we get together, we can just be happy. Enjoy the moment. Enjoy the time. And just attribute it all to God.

I am so glad that Elizabeth chose Austria as our place for rest. We got a cablecar to go up the mountain and really--all Creation totally screams how awesome God is. I feel so small in comparision. And in all my--humanity, in my failures, in my weakness, as small as I am--the truth is that God loves me so much more than all of Creation. He loves me so much more than the flowers we admire. He loves me so much more than the cows we pass by. He did it ALL FOR US.

It's absolutely amazing. Enough said.




EDIT | PRAYER REQUEST PLEASE
We are praying that God raises male leaders for our boys. We have such a hope for a thriving group of students who will really revloutionize their school this year and I know that I have looked at this summer as a traning period, a time where God is going to pour out so much into our students--to prepare them for battle--to get them ready for the next school year. And our boys are in such need of committed leaders whose hearts are to edify and encourage them. My heart breaks because DJ isn't around for THEM. Anyone!! For that matter!!

Lord. I pray for a man/men who have a loving heart that desires to raise up and train the next generation of leaders. I pray that they love students, want to teach, grow, and encouarge them. I pray that whoever it is that you send us--will love you and want to do your work. Lord give us a spiritual leader.

In your Son's name I pray. AMEN.


Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment