Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Excuse me. Can you please STOP dissing my God?




"Can you honestly say Jesus Christ is your LORD? That you are his servant?"
--OR ARE YOU A LIAR??

I am listening to an older podcast from Cornerstone Simi Valley and Francis Chan is asking this question. THE question. And doens't it sound like one of those questions you've heard so many times?? And the answer is either: "Yeah, obviously." Or, "No, I don't believe in Jesus."

At last week's Club Beyond talk, a student was asking about respect and how hard it was to respect someone who didn't respect you, I blurted out, "Then you pray about it and Jesus will take care of it, he can change your heart." And he turned and looked at his friend, laughed and muttered, "I don't believe in Jesus." And laughed a laugh that was like, "What's he got to do with it anyway?

I was SO angry.
(Then sad.)

I am not mad when people don't acknowledge Jesus as their LORD. I am mad and offended when people think that MY LORD and MY GOD is not capable of changing such small and minute things. When people take it out of GOD's hands and into their own, and they say things like, "I have done EVERYTHING I can." It angers me to see someone who is resting in their OWN ability to change their circumstances. My question is, "WHAT HAS GOD DONE??"


If Jesus is truly my Lord, I fear nothing. I am his servant. I serve him. I am his slave. I feel like tehre are a lot of people who don't take that relationship seriously enough. LORD. MASTER. I follow him. I worship him. I serve him. He doesn't serve me. He doesn't cater to me.

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME.

I have loved how God has broken me and built back up.I love how he has allowed me to suffer when I have. & How he has used every single thing in my life to show me a little more about who he is and how he works in our world, in my life, how he is still alive and working actively today.

I have learned and loved finding JOY in my suffering.
HOW?? Why?? Are you nuts!? Haha!

Because it is NOT about me. It is not about what I want. How I feel. When I want things to happen. It is about GOD and HIS plan, and HIS purpose, HIS will, it's HIS universe, HIS earth, and HIS story.

I am a supporting actress in a movie about Jesus.
So, in what ways can I act and live in a way that showcases the role of Jesus, my Christ, in this movie?? How do I serve my LORD? What more can I do?

If he says forgive, will I forgive?
If he says speak up, will I speak up?
When he says stand firm, will I sway?
When he says respect, will I ask, "But what if..."
When he says rejoice, will I give him a list of reasons why I can't?

Please stop dissing my God by telling me, yourself, others, that your problems are too big for God to handle. Stop dissing the God that raised Jesus from the grave. Stop dissing the God that created the universe. Stop dissing the Jesus that 'for the joy that was set before him endured the cross.' Stop dissing the Jesus that walked on water. Stop dissing my LORD. Stop dissing my GOD. Stop telling yourself that God isn't alive and working right now, today, in your life. LET HIM DO WHAT HE DOES BEST. Because you can't do anything better than he can.


Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment