Saturday, July 3, 2010

I feel like crap & God is still good

Middle School week is now over. Man. God is good. He is faithful. He is the best planner, author, coordinator ever!! I feel, again, like I have such a privilege and an honor to be a part of this ministry.

Middle School is my 'room for improvement' age group because it is harder for me to relate. It is interesting to see the shift in society from where I was and what was acceptable then, to where students are now. It's a little scary.

Here are some pictures of our Girl's Small Group. :)



It was so amazing to get to know the Head Leaders some more and really have that sense of community with each other the second week. We were back for round two together, we were tired, we were getting sick. It was so cool to see how it was GOD empowering us to do it all and nothing of our own strength.

Below are pictures of: Corn and his wife Joanna, Kristy, a head leader, and Ryan, camp musician. And shots from our last day at the beach, right before the plague of the mosquitos. It was so cool. For 15 minutes, middle schoolers sat still and wrote letters to God.


(A side note, I also got to use a 17-35/2.8 for these shots. I was pretty excited!! Thanks to Robert for letting me use it!! Seriously, photographers are the coolest people, we just share. It's an amazing community, where I feel comfortable giving up my 5DMKII for a day, and he let's me take his 17-35 for a day...and a half. Haha.)


And here are some shots from Cinque Terre! The first one is of City 2, Manarola, and the second shot is from City 4, Vernazza. Where I also picked up some artwork for the house, which is pretty awesome--and where there is the BEST pizza I've had in Italy, or the world, thus far. I love it. Amazing crispy center, and fluffy crust. Delicious.



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment