Friday, May 28, 2010

New Steam

So. Failure on my part to blog.
When I got my new brick-of-a-camera. I wanted to blog more. I guess showcase my photography by posting more up. And I have failed. A friend told me today that sometimes we think that events in our lives are not blog-worthy because it's just everyday life for us. True. Story. But I want to write more, post more, shoot more. So this is my declaration. We are moving forward with this blog and I will try my best to keep it posted. :)

A few new adventures...

A new camera. With the extra money we got for my sponsoring the cheer team, DJ told me to buy the Canon 5DMKII. I hate to spend that much money on anything, but I got it for a really good deal, from a [b] Schooler who was switing to Nikon. Haha!! When I got the camera I carried it everywhere and I wanted to shoot more so I could post more, but I didn't find that anything I was doing was worth taking pictures of to post. I would shoot just to shoot, but I really felt like, I needed to do MORE. (Hence this declaration for more steam.) I will wrap my head around a new creative eye in which I see my world, so wish me luck in sticking to it.

I love my new camera. Love it. And I love that my husband told me to buy it. Hahah.
I was a bit irked when people started to say, "You're pictures are so good, that's a great camera." I would smile and think, "Uh, so all my past work hasn't been good!? Yeah right! I rocked that xTi!!" Haha, but really, I think that talent comes from the shooter, not the camera, software, or anything other than vision. Trust me, I've taken some terrible pictures with this 'good' camera.

(Although, I'd have to admit that post-production goes by a lot faster now.)


New CDs and packaging. Thank you to the talented and beautiful Promise Tangeman for her DIY post for CD packaging. I love the organic look and feel of my new CD packaging. I am working on some labels soon for the CDs, but you get the point. I am not deviating from the feathers and Arial. Haha. I love it and I can't wait to start passing them out!!


New outlook on God's word. This is a picture of Tom Job. He was our guest speaker for the Club Beyoyond conference I attended this month. Amazing man of God. When they introduced him they said, "When this man opens his mouth, joy just oozes out." I was sitting there thinking, "What does that sound like." And when he got up there and put his hands on his hips like Superman and smiled... and told us how excited he was to be in Germany with us... I understood completely.

He recommended a book by Mike Mason, Champange for the Soul, and I ordered it on Amazon that night, and I recieved it this week, so far I am LOVING it. It's supposed to be a 90 day experience, but I've tried to sneak a few in a day, but I just have to stop and put it down because it forces me to look and evaluate my life and where I place importance. So I am totally falling in love with the fact that God gives me JOY. :)

His tip: Every morning, open up the Word and when you read find 5 things to be thankful for in what you read. Keep reading till you find 5. Love it! Must try. Must do.



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment