Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mom-in-Love




I am waiting for it to turn midnight in California so I can post this. I think I've got about an hour.

I want to talk about my Mom-in-Love, Linda Mendez. (Mom-in-Love because... she's my mom because I love her son. LOL. Not just because I am bound by law to him... haha! And vice versa, I am her Daughter-in-Love.)


Some Reasons Why I Love Her...
  • She raised DJ. She put up with DJ. (LOL) She encourages DJ. She loves him muchos. And they are so alike. That's why they butt heads so much. (Haha!) On our trip to Rome, DJ and his mom went to the bathroom and Chris and I sat at the table and looked at each other. *Sigh* is all we could do. Hahah. "She's your wife," I said. "He's your husband," he replied. Haha!!
  • On that note, she also raised Ruben and Manny, and I like them too. So. Good job.
  • When I became a Daughter-in-Love, she gave me a Better Home and Gardens Cookbook.
  • Her Servant's Heart. You should see how she caters to her boys, especially when they are all in California. Haha. Or her Grandbabies. Or the Women's Ministry. (:
  • When she plays Wii Fit, she squeels like a little girl. Haha!!
  • She likes roller coasters. I'd love her more... if she would take me place on them, so I wouldn't have to go. Haha. But this definitely shows you her adventurous nature.
  • She likes to dance. && Her and her sisters sang 'We are Family' at Aunty Lisa and Jerry's 'We are married reveal.' && Last, last, last Christmas, they called Manny up in Oregon and serenaded him with 'Feliz Navidad.' HAHHAHA.
  • She loves my dog, Tank. And worries when he's sick.
  • She prays.
  • She sends me bible studies from the church on CDs.
  • Last, last Christmas, while DJ was deployed, we were sitting in the sanctuary and Pastor Raul gets up to talk about how there was one Christmas how he was in Vietnam on the hill, in his tent alone, and how lonely it felt. Linda and I looked at each other and started tearing up. But she didn't hug me because I'd told her whenever she hugged me (in 'DJ' moments like this) it made me cry because... I don't know why, like someone acknowledging that it hurts that DJ's gone... makes it more real? Rather than my just telling people, "I'm doing fine." But when they hug you. LOL. (I hugged her anyway.)
  • She taught me how to make enchiladas, Spanish Rice, carnitas, and God's Granola.
  • Her laugh. When something is really funny when she laughs her eyes like squint and her mouth opens and you can tell.. it's really funny. Sometimes she even doubles over. When it's not really funny, her eyes don't close. She just either... doesn't get it, or doesn't think you are funny. Hahah!! (Now everyone is going to watch to see which laugh it is.)
  • She NEVER remembers any movies!! Living with DJ, someone who can replay an entire movie for me... it is refreshing and hilarious that she doesn't remember anything. Once, at the dinner table we were talking about some movie and Cat (my Middle Sister-in-Love) said something like, "Don't give it all away for her." I said, "She won't remember anyway." Cat was like, "Jenn!!" And Linda laughed and defended my honor. I can joke like that and be mean to her because I am like one of her sons. One of her own who can mock and laugh at her expense. LOL, just kidding!!!!! But seriously... we're close. Like this. *Crosses fingers.
  • When I make something she likes, she says, "This is GOOD." Emphasis on the 'good.' (You have to hear her say it...)
  • We open presents on Christmas Eve.
  • She's a good gift giver. She REALLY KNOWS who I am.
  • She loves me. (: You know in the movies, and... in real life? How people HATE their in-laws?! That's craziness!! I love that we love each other. && That she's made me feel like one of her own.
Thank you Mom for doing what you do. For your encouragement. For your prayers. For your love. I love and appreciate you so, so, very much. I miss you too!!!



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment